Experience excellent customer service with 2290.us, an IRS-approved eFiler of the 2018 - 2019 Form 2290. Creating an account is free.
If you need any help, give us a shout! Our #1 goal is to keep you on the road.
Our guaranteed 2290 tax calculation will set you on your way to a secure, accurate heavy vehicle utility tax eFiling. Enter your information for each individual truck, or use our bulk upload spreadsheet to get the job done.
Hit a speed bump? Our live chat support will offer you assistance.
2290.us Managed eFile
Lean on our team of 2290 specialists for help with your HVUT filing. Simply pass your truck information on to us, and we’ll take over.
We’ll get you your Schedule 1 in no time! To get started, sign up for an account now. You can also chat with our dedicated 2290 live chat team for more information.
File changes to your 2018 - 2019 Form 2290 online through 2290.us.
When do you need to file a 2290 amendment?
• It’s easy to mess up one of the characters on your 2290 return. Correct it now with an amended form.
• If the gross weight of your vehicle is more than what you reported last year, you’ll need to file an amended return.
We’ll help you calculate the additional tax you owe, and you’ll be on your way!
• If you reported your vehicle as suspended, but then exceed the suspended mileage amount, you’ll be required to pay the tax.
Suspended mileage is less than 5,000 for a truck, or less than 7,500 for an agricultural vehicle.
• If a vehicle you previously filed for, and paid taxes on, has been sold, destroyed, or stolen, you can claim a credit request. File Form 8849 with 2290.us to submit this information to the IRS.
• A credit, lowered tax, tax exemption, or refund will not be issued by the IRS for a change in mileage or vehicle weight.
Have any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or login to your account to live chat with us.
Form 8849 Credit Request-
You can claim a credit for the tax paid on the next Form 2290 you file in the same or next tax period. The credit may not be more than the tax you are reporting on Form 2290. Or, you can claim a refund of the tax paid on Form 8849, Schedule 6, Other Claims. The amount depends on when the vehicle was sold, destroyed or stolen. See the Form 2290 instructions on how to figure your credit.
A credit, lower tax, exemption or refund is not allowed for an occasional light or decreased load or a discontinued or changed use of a vehicle.
2290 DATA IMPORT
Use our easy to use navigation to enter one vehicle at a time or simply use our 2290 data import Excel template to import large 2290 vehicle filing information. Single click upload allows you to file many vehicles at one time, saving time for large filers.